The Mindset Scholars Network is committed to advancing the scientific understanding of learning mindsets to improve student outcomes and expand educational opportunity. We conduct original research, build capacity for high quality mindset scholarship, and disseminate the latest scientific knowledge through outreach to education stakeholders.
As the new year begins, the network is happy to announce the creation of a new scientific leadership model to support its mission. An interdisciplinary steering committee of scholars has been selected to act as scientific advisors to the network. The committee members are:
- Barbara Schneider, professor of education and sociology at Michigan State University
- Chandra Muller, professor of sociology at the University of Texas at Austin
- David Yeager, associate professor of psychology at the University of Texas at Austin
- Mesmin Destin, associate professor of psychology at Northwestern University
- Tom Dee, professor of education at Stanford University
The members of the committee will draw on their individual expertise in different disciplines and work collaboratively to guide the Mindset Scholars Network as it supports the development and strengthening of the field of mindset science.