UPDATES Sign up to receive periodic updates from the Mindset Scholars Network.
The National Study of Learning Mindsets has been featured in several highly-regarded publications including EdSurge, Education Week, FutureEd, Scientific American, and TES. Many of the articles and press releases published about the study include quotes from members of the Mindset Scholars Network who participated in the study.
Education Week, August 7, 2019
This article summarizes and interprets findings from the National Study of Learning Mindsets released in Nature, and features quotes from Robert Armenta, the principal of one of the schools that participated, and Mayme Hostetter, president of the Relay Graduate School of Education.
EdSurge, August 7, 2019
Drawing on interviews with Mindset Scholars Carol Dweck and Dave Paunesku, this article discusses the evolution of growth mindset interventions in light of the findings of the National Study of Learning Mindsets released in Nature.
TES, August 7, 2019
This article summarizes findings from the National Study of Learning Mindsets released in Nature.
Scientific American, August 7, 2019
This article describes the popularization and implementation of growth mindset research over several years, in light of David Yeager and colleagues’ study in Nature confirming the positive effects of a well-designed growth mindset intervention in a nationally representative sample of U.S. public high schools.
- Press release: Results from the National Study of Learning Mindsets
- Study says changing students’ mindsets about learning can improve key predictors of high school graduation, college success
- Study Finds ‘Growth Mindset’ Intervention Taking Less Than an Hour Raises Grades for Ninth Graders
- Changing students’ mindsets about learning improves their grades, Stanford researchers find
- A growth mindset intervention can change students’ grades if school culture is supportive
- Nature Podcast: A mindset for success
- Results of Biggest Mindset Study Finds Positive Impact by Larry Ferlazzo for his blog